If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I want to start off by apologizing for so many mistakes in my last post!!! (And I proofread it!).  OMG, I must've been on drugs-chemo?  Maybe?  Ha Ha!!!  Honestly, I got ahead of myself and was thinking in terms of 3's and breaking down my treatments. I misspoke and wrote I was ⅓ of the way finished when in reality, I'm only ¼ of the way!!  Progress is Progress-right?  And then Rob brought to my attention my inability to spell.  WHAT?  I'm a good speller!  Apparently I can't type at 7am the day after a chemo treatment! So, Yes, I wrote loose instead of lose!  OOPS!!!  Sorry!  And yes, I do know that you WEAR clothes, PINK ones at that, and then you can ask WHERE are you going dressed in all pink???  Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I was thinking.....I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!!  No more posting the day after chemo so early on a Saturday morning!

The real reason I'm writing today is because I know my hair loss is coming. I started seeing loose strands hanging from my head and didn't really think anything of it, I lose hair all day! But, I went ahead and put my fingers near my scalp and started to pull, out came hair. I'll be honest, it made me sad and a few tears trickled down my face. I've said it all along and will continue to repeat myself. I'll take a bald head over feeling bad any day. And I feel so good, so good that I can let the hair go. It's difficult because when you see me you don't see the face of cancer. Without hair, you recognize and see the cancer daily. My kids will see it, Rob will see it and now friends and strangers, everyone will see that I have cancer!  OH WELL, honestly, who gives a shit? Sorry, I've got to have that attitude or it'll eat me up!! I know the hair will fall pretty quickly now. I have had a tingly head all day. And if you google tingly head and hair loss from chemo, some people will feel the tingles, some won't. I feel as though I'm pretty in tuned to my body so I feel a lot of things others may not. Now I can look forward to one less chore in the morning! And, I can save on my hair care products! I know it's all part of the process, I was just hoping deep down inside I'd be the exception. My hair made me forget about what's really going on. And most importantly, it made Rob and the kids forget as well. I just keep telling myself it'll grow back and soon I"ll be experiencing every different kind of hair style before I finally reach my old self!

I saw Dr. Gordley on Monday and he removed a little more fluid from my pit and on top of the left expander. NO more filling!  He thought I looked good and asked if I was about the same size as before, although far more perkier! ;)) I felt as though I did something to my pectorals muscle on Sat. because Sat. night I didn't sleep well and was in a lot of pain. A different type of pain. Dr. Gordley assured me I can't hurt anything, maybe a slight strain, but nothing too serious because the pain had gotten so much better within 24 hours! I"m slightly more stiff in the left pec this week and am just continuing to stretch more. NO, it's not from working out. The pain clearly came 48 hours after my Thur. class. And I'm not the type of person to overdue it!  I know my limits.  It had to come when I was running around (like most crazy moms on Saturdays) between kids activities and a going away party for my neighbors!  ;((


Thursday is a routine check up with Dr. Nelson, my oncologist. I look forward to visiting with him and will get back with you if there are any changes. And Friday is treatment # 9, woohoo, creeping down from 10!!!!

IF HE LEADS YOU TO IT, HE'LL LEAD YOU THROUGH IT!!

October is Breast Cancer awareness month. Your support is amazing, and extremely helpful in bringing more awareness to the forefront. Far too many women have this disease.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers from Donaldson.....prayers for all those going thru cancer no matter
    what kind. Just keep your faith and leave it all up to Jesus. He will get you thru. I
    have 4 relatives going thru cancer right now, my family has the curse. May the good Lord watch over all and hold everyone close to Him. It takes a strong person to be a strong warrior but only a tiny bit of faith can work wonders. Have
    the best day you can, drink the lemonade if you have to and be strong.

    ReplyDelete