If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Once you're an athlete, always an athlete. Once you have the competitive spirit, it never dies! NEVER! It may not flare up at everything you do (once you're past 40), but it's always there. It may even remain as a competitive fire within your own self. You set goals and you expect to exceed those goals. I can't tell you how many times I planned to run a race I'd run before and my goal was never to just finish, but beat a previous time (I forget you slow down as you age-age isn't apart of my equation). Even as friends encourage me to just have fun and run...NOPE, always in the back of my mind, I have to desire to post a PR (personal record).

'Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.' 1 Corinthians 9; 24-27


And so reading online today, I found an article about a college track athlete who was diagnosed with cancer. She went through treatments, returned to racing, came back stronger than ever, won races and even went on to professional racing. When she was asked about her amazing comeback this is what she said: "When you've beat cancer and you can stand on that starting line, nothing compares to the battle you've already come through." Gabe Grunewald

The desire to WIN has to be stronger than the desire to QUIT!  Quitting is not an option, no matter the pain, no matter WHAT, Quitting is NOT an option!

Today is only a hair cut, a change, a new look, it's only a hair cut-it'll grow back. Curly or Straight it'll grow back, It's only a hair cut!

"I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance." 2 Timothy 4:7-8





1 comment:

  1. You are always on my mind and in my thoughts. I know this week is going to begin another road in the journey. Thoughts & prayers to you, Rob and the kiddos. You can overcome these hurdles...there are a lot of your fans waiting for you at the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete