If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Today I had another visit with Dr. Gordley. He drained another 80cc from my arm pit. I finally asked him if that's normal to still be draining and he said NO!  Great, I knew I wasn't normal, but now even more confirmation. He just said my body is taking longer to adjust to the removal of my lymph nodes. They serve as a major area of drainage for my arm and therefore I'm just taking a little longer than normal. I also told him I'd be doing radiation in the Spring and asked him more about options for my reconstruction. He said he had several patients, built like me that did very well after radiation and actually have an implant. So, we need to wait until after radiation, start re-expanding and see how the skin does. He said we'd know pretty quickly if an implant on that side would work. If an implant isn't an option, I figure I'm more and more comfortable with the belly option. I don't want a scar on my back, inner leg, etc. And what the heck, I might as well have a flat tummy at the end of all this. That said, Dr. Gordley said his belly scar would be very low-near my c-section and eventually it'd be a scar that I could hardly see. All that sounds great! (Ha, I guess, if this is what I have to do). He also said I can slow down with expansion, and after today, I might be done for a while. He filled 60cc and that takes me to 180cc total. It immediately started hurting as he was filling. Which was a first. Usually I don't start hurting after expansion until later in the afternoon. I think I'm full!  I don't look any different than before my surgery, but it's good for me and will work for now!  Why continue to expand when I have a long time until reconstruction (like 9 months)!

I will say I'm so proud and happy that so many of you are out there getting your mammos!  Don't delay. If you feel like going to get one before your dr. tells you to, DO IT! Follow your gut. And some advice for the day-When you get that call, whether it be to follow up with another mammo, routine dr. check up, whatever health issues you may have that you have to stay on top of. Don't worry, worry is an awful thing, it drains you, it brings you to an unhealthy place. Let God worry for you, HE wants to! Worrying is not going to get you answers any faster or help you in any way. Take it all in stride, have Faith it will all work out and be ok. And if it's not the answers you want, turn to GOD for guidance. Have Faith he will give you Peace and there is a reason why HIS plan is best. I know each and everyone of you have worries, Please, don't let it break you. Be Strong, Have Faith, and know that GOD is in control and GOD loves you.


1 comment:

  1. Sending wishes to you for a good day tomorrow. May you feel the presence of
    God surrounding you as you take chemo into your body to cure and release the
    bad and let the good take over. Hopefully the day passes with lots of great moments to fill your heart with the knowledge that we all care, we are all praying for a speedy recovery but also we all know we must also have patience and take each day as the Lord gives it to us. My prayer for you. Today dear God, do not let me lose my joy, my peace of mind, or my focus. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete