If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Saturday, September 20, 2014

I AM SO BLESSED!  Day #2 of chemo is over, 10 more to go!  I am feeling normal, to say the least. And I sleep through 90% of the treatment because of the benadryl so now I can claim I don't remember my treatments!!  I have no upset stomach, still have hair (I'm sure that is coming, and honestly I don't care if I feel good and have no hair), I don't feel tired, nothing, nodda!  So, I get a little sleepy towards the middle of the day, but doesn't every mom? And I still don't sleep great at night because of the expanders. I am tired of sleeping on my back. The back of my head cannot take it any more. Now I know how babies feel sleeping on their back! I've had to take a few more pain pills during the day, usually about 1-2 throughout the afternoon and evening. I feel as we are really starting to stretch my pec muscles with the expanders. It is true this is probably the worse thing about reconstruction. I feel as though I look normal and could be done expanding, however I need to ask Dr. Gordley if we need more skin stretched on my left side since that will be the radiated side and the skin will shrivel up. But, I'm going to take it slow-I have time!!
Has anyone seen the movie GOD'S NOT DEAD?  I've watched it with Natalie and last night we watched it again with my dad and Linda. It is really a great movie and has so many good lessons. You can probably catch on by the title the movie is about believing in God or not. My favorite parts are when a character makes the point; if God is dead, why do we have to make moral choices based on good or evil? Why are we always making choices of right or wrong, why does it matter?  What a great point!!  My other favorite part is when another character is facing death and says he doesn't believe in Jesus. He is told by a minister that he is brought to this point right here (instead of dying right away) as a second chance. God is giving him the opportunity to make a last minute decision, to believe GOD is real and he can save himself. It's such a great lesson to show so many people, there are so many opportunities in this life to see God's work, to see his miracles. Sometime people turn the other way and God's always right in front of them. My point to you is, just believe and all the miracles around you will become more obvious, you will start to see all the good in life is really from GOD. And that's how I see my life now. I know I have cancer, had, but it really is a miracle to have my life. My cancer was removed, it's gone. I have amazing doctors that have suggested I go through chemo and radiation as a prevention. It's the path God led me to. If I would have turned away from chemo and radiation, I would have turned away GOD's miracle to completely heal me for the future. GOD is telling me every single day I WILL SURVIVE. He's telling me I'm going to be a grandparent one day, he's giving me strength and most of all FAITH. Now to most of you I'm preaching to the choir, but to those of you who are not quit sure of the daily miracles, I ask you to take a step back, and look at life. It is a miracle-when you slam on your brakes to miss another car, when your kid barely misses getting hit by a car on their bike, they fall down and get back up to keep playing. Anything, everything, all day long-THAT IS GOD'S WORK. I had another point to make and it's slipped my mind, I will get back to you on it! Just know that in our lives, every single day we are loved, loved by GOD and that alone is all we need.

Thank you to each of you every day for your texts, hugs, cheers, calls, etc. I feel the cheerleaders behind me and it lifts me up each and every single day. And I know this will all be behind me sooner than I think!


3 comments:

  1. I plan on watching that movie soon. I can get it thru DirecTV. Thought of you yesterday when I awoke. My thoughts and prayers are always either about you or for the entire family. With the help of God, and the team work in your home, things are moving along really well. Glad to hear you are handling the chemo with gusto. If rest is needed, go for it. Have a great week end and I will be following your blog come Monday. Love and prayers to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, true, life-giving words! Loved reading this! Praying over you and your family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Patti. So very true. You are and will be a strength to many as you continue to be a light and educate them on the medical side of it all and turn people toward God and his miracles. We were able to see many tender mercies from God as we went through Jillians cancer and other hard things and on a day to day basis. I will continue to pray for you and I hope you continue to feel the best you can as you go through this and raise a family.

    ReplyDelete