On this day 42 years ago I was born. Today, 42 years later I celebrate my life. Maybe I have cancer, but who really cares, it is what it is. Today, I feel loved more than ever. The daily well wishes and random texts, calls, messages, etc. bring smiles to my face and make me feel loved. It's as if I'm not going through this cancer alone. I know each of you feel bad, sad, mad, etc. But in all honesty IT WILL BE OK. Life will move on and I will be healed! I PROMISE! I make that promise to myself, to my family, to you-my friends and to GOD. HE along with prayers will HEAL ME. Happy Birthday to me!
In less than 2 weeks I will have surgery, to hopefully rid my body of cancer. Regardless if I have to have chemo and/or radiation I'm ready to move passed this and get on with my life. This is a detour, a bump in the road, traffic that we need to find an exit (Natalie's words). Faith will carry us all through this. Faith is what each person needs to find the easiest route to deal with any problems. Faith the grain of a mustard seed is all anyone needs. Just call to him, he will ease your pain-I PROMISE!!
So I will leave you today with this message. The homily today was a good one. The priest talked about the seeds that were dropped along different paths and how they grew, didn't grow, swallowed by thorns, etc. He said people take on those roles as the paths did. Some people hear the word of God, but it doesn't sink into there hearts. Some people don't hear the word at all. BUT, there are those that hear the word of GOD and we let it sink into our hearts, we live it and we breath it. BE THE GOOD SOIL, HEAR AND LIVE THE WORD OF GOD!
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
A friend of mine sent me this on Facebook. I pray it today with you and for you.
ReplyDeleteHeavenly father, you know every decision I need to make and every challenge
I face. Please forgive me for the times that I try to figure my life out on my own.
I need you. I need your Holy Spirit to give me strength, wisdom and direction.
Amen.