It's so hard for me to sit back and think what my year is going to be like (I can't escape the Type A personality). Soon I'd be planning teacher luncheons (as a part of my volunteer duties), thinking about kids activities and hoping they don't overlap, even thinking how I would spend my mornings training, working out, planning my next triathlon or even my next race. I can't do that, I've stepped down from volunteer responsibilities at both my kids schools, I don't have a race on the calendar and I even have the number of days planned until I say goodbye to my boot camp buddies. I think how out of shape I will become. How sore I'll be once I start doing push-ups again. Will I be able to run 2 miles without stopping? I know this is all trivial, but it's my life and my life has to change right now. Instead, my thoughts are will I be sick? Will I be in pain? What am I going to look like with no hair? I'll eventually be able to do all those things again, but right now it's difficult to get passed the negative thoughts. Prayers, Prayers to the Good Man upstairs and those thoughts will diminish.
I look forward to signing up for a race (maybe a half marathon) and finishing as a survivor-in more ways than one! I have to place MY FAITH IN THE HANDS OF GOD. My life will return to my life.
Monday is my pre-op for my surgery day! It's all a technicality and another appointment that will answer more questions. Until Monday, I leave you with this message I saw on facebook....
God promises to make something good out of the storms
ReplyDeletethat bring devastation to your life.
Romans 8:28
We seem to be having our share of storms but with faith rest
assured we will be safe, let the healing begin. . WIshing you a faith filled day.