If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I did it...I added the option to submit your email so you can be notified when I post something.

Tomorrow I have an MRI scheduled! I will find out if there is any other cancer in either side of my chest. I still don't have results back from the BRCA1 test (2 more weeks-maybe), or the HER2 test. Regardless of the MRI outcome I'm not sure I'd change anything now. With all the thinking I've been doing lately, I've come to the conclusion (with the approval of my dr.'s) to go ahead with a double mastectomy. So, with those thoughts, I'm trying to prepare myself for the day I wake up from surgery. What will it be like to wake up with no boobs?  What will it be like to wake up with a part of me gone? Well, to be honest I don't really care. I don't care about size, look, etc., I'm not a boob girl and Rob has always said he's a leg guy. However, I can see that there might be a little emotion involved. If I start preparing myself now I'll be prepared when I wake up from surgery.

I'm also preparing myself for chemo and radiation. I still won't know for sure if I have to do it, however if the dr's have 1 small recommendation I'll do it without hesitation. I don't want to do it. BUT, I don't know what it's personally like to go through it and if I have to go a year feeling like crap for a lifetime of Health, I'M IN!

My Faith is stronger than ever, I know without God holding my hand I would not be so confident.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on Eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

My mom sent me a quote saying  "GIVE IT TO GOD AND GO TO SLEEP!"  And I do that each night.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite verses. Praying for you daily. ...and so is my ladies group at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, moms always give the best advice in our most trying times. My mom told me basically the same thing: give it to God. I am living proof of the power of prayer. Cancer sucks, but faith can move mountains. You definitely have faith and many prayer warriors behind you supporting you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and prayers from all of us in PA. We know you are "one tuff cookie "!. May God watch over you, Rob and the kids as you begin this journey. We will have you in our thoughts & prayers every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord I pray for Patti that you will calm her with a peaceful feeling as she undergoes her surgery in the morning. Guide the hands of the doctors as they remove all the cancer parts. Dear Lord, let the lymph nodes be cancer free, thank you Lord. As a beautiful part of her is removed as a woman, send in special doctors who will re-create even more beautiful breasts. Heal her body and heal her heart Heavenly Father. I pray that you will surround her with love and allow her to heal so she can once more be a strong warrior and faithful
    servant for you. I pray all of this in the name of Jesus. Amen

    ReplyDelete