If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Monday, August 18, 2014

 Linda took this on Wed. after my first surgery and before my 2nd!  The girls surprised me all pinked out!  I guess now you can say my new favorite color is PINK!  It is so important to have early detection. I cannot express it enough!  Don't delay, don't wait, just go get those puppies squeezed!  It's not that bad and feels way better than having them removed!
Today is good, I've showered, washed my hair, getting restless but winded. I'm enjoying the quiet (kids are busy with friends) and appreciative for my mom taking on my household duties!! And the best part is I don't have to get up and cook dinner!!! Thanks so much for feeding me and my family!
The meds are completely under control still only taking a ¼ of what is prescribed for pain and so thankful I'm not loopy or yucky feeling. My appetite is probably back to normal as I get hungry and want to eat. And Rob is back to work full time. Thanks to his assistants and to everyone else who has helped him during our vacation and then time in the hospital last week with me. He really hasn't taken this much time, ever! I love the visitors and don't hesitate to stop by because it does keep me seated and not up and about! I'm still stiff and feel like a weight is on my chest, but moving my arms and trying not to hold back too much, but not overdoing it!  I really do think I'm a good patient because I don't push myself, but I don't baby myself either! (ha ha, signs of a Type A person who thinks they are doing everything right...)
Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers!!  My next dr. appointment is with Dr. Gordley on Wed.  I'm hoping to loose some drains as they aren't filling very much at all. The stitches holding them in place are starting to scratch and irritate me. Then I'll meet with Dr. Fitzsullivan's team on Monday, the first day of school. I suppose I'll go visit the wig store too.   
Not too much for now, I'll save the long lengthy details when I know more!  Thanks again for everything. Love, hugs and kisses to everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Cousin Patti,
    I have been following along on your blog. So praying for you and your strength. You are such a strong woman! I am so glad Denny is there with you. She helped me when I had my surgery many years ago. Such a blessing to have your Mama there!! I love you Patti! Thinking of you all the time. Blessings from Canada!
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is looking great. I changed my Facebook cover and my profile picture also to a huge pink ribbon. It is the new color for the next several months. Friends of mine who are praying for you and your family have changed to pink also. I am so glad and thankful you have plenty of help and not too much to worry about in the household department. May each day get better and may God continue to comfort and lead you. Our leaves are beginning to turn already, another season coming up, 44* this morning. Wishing all lots of sunshine, and a happy rest of the day. God Bless. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,Rob,Caley,CamiAugust 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM

    Love and prayers from the Potts house!! Thinking of you every day!! Wish we were closer to help out!! Sending our love to the kiddos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts filled with compassion to help you thru the week end with your family.

    When you are at your weakest, God is strong.
    When you are down, God will lift you up.
    When all seems lost, God will work things out for your good.
    Strength is available when you need it.
    Believe it,embrace it and rely on it.

    Wishing you less pain and more joy. Prayers always for you, Rob and the children .

    ReplyDelete