MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
I love this day! It's so relaxing and fun to spend the day with my family and prepare for Christmas Eve Mass. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! As Nathan says, 'the most important thing about Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! Not how many presents you get!' Let's all take the advice of a 9 year old and remember what it's all about!
I'm doing great. My taste buds are slowly coming back, as they did after the 1st AC treatment. But, it's completely annoying to not taste, yet crave food, and listen to your stomach growl, but not want to eat! The 2 days following chemo were a little BLAH. It's so hard to describe how I felt. Not completely awful, but not good or great even! Like a mix of pregnancy, sea sick, flu, but yet none of those things cover it. I can get up and function, but I don't want to. I can eat, but don't want to, or drink for that matter. I'm tired, but tired of sleeping. But once all the drugs are out of my system, I instantly feel better. And it's not a 'wake up in the morning feel better.' It could be in the middle of the afternoon. I haven't been sick, the anti-nausea meds work. I don't feel like I'm going to be sick, just certain smells, or thoughts make my stomach turn. So, if I take the meds I avoid those feelings. My fingers felt better after the last AC, but here several days later the pain came back. But, my toes feel fine! All things bearable because I know in 4 weeks this will all be behind me!!
Other than those little effects, I'm great! I'm ready for Christmas.
For those of you curious, my dad is now an MDAnderson Patient. He went on Monday and met with a team of dr.'s, had more tests, and several more platelet and blood transfusions. The Dr.'s told him to come back Monday and plan on staying about a week for treatments. He has either Aplastic Anemia or MDS. He's blaming me for it all saying if I would've stayed healthy, he wouldn't have had to develop this sympathetic illness!! HaHa!!
I ask that you continue to pray for all of us that need it, those that need it that we don't know, and even those you think don't need prayers! We need to pray for all mankind!
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a truly Happy New Year! May 2015 bring us all health and happiness! Let's not forget the reason for the season! Continue to have Faith and believe in Him above all things!
Love, hugs, kisses.......
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
No comments:
Post a Comment