If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Saturday, December 6, 2014

I did it!!  I have started AC and completed 1 round!!  WOOHOO  3 to go!!!

I couldn't be more excited, yesterday came and went without a hitch. I have 6 pre-meds, all to curb any ill effects of the chemo. And then 2 chemo drugs. A-is red. C-was a lot!  The pre-meds had one drug that had to be covered by a brown bag as the light makes it break down. (see picture to the side) Amazing. It is truly amazing that they've come so far with so much great knowledge. I mean 6 pre-meds!  WOW. Zofran, the anti-nausea will last 3 days. (I also have 2 pills-zofran included, I take at home around the clock for a few days after each treatment). Another pre-med will make me drowsy, it did, not bad, just sleepy!  I went to bed and was so thankful I woke up feeling normal. Well, on a scale of 1-10, 10 is how you may feel now, and now I feel like an 8.5. Rob asked me first thing how I felt and I was able to tell him, to go to Nathan's basketball games (call off our friends as carpool), I called off Natalie's carpool to an orchestra Christmas program at Market Street (shopping area) and I could stay home alone and take the girls where they needed to be!!  Totally pumped. I'm not stuck in bed. The side effects are minimal, similar to before, flushed face-we'll call it the chemo flush! Red eyes, and definitely more intense hot flashes!! The nurse did say I may have a 'tired' day about 3-4 days after chemo. But, that's ok. I can do it!!

On Thursday, Dr. Nelson made me feel better by telling me he knew I'd be fine on AC. He said he knew I breezed through Taxol because he never got a call from me!  Let me just put it to you this way. I'm so thankful I took care of myself as an adult, especially the last 2 years (I not only did boot camp, but started training for triathlons). I exercised and for the most part ate pretty good. I'm absolutely positive this has helped me. The other thing is my mind. It's been so good to me. I'm really able to motivate myself and keep myself positive. And finally, without GOD, nothing is possible!  NOTHING!!

For all those women out there, I feel like I'm in my first trimester. Not great, but blah. When I crave food, I want it. Tonight it just so happened a Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich sounded good with buffalo and ranch sauce. I can't tell you the last time I ate one of those! Thanks Rob for taking such good care of me today (and all the past days, weeks, months)!

Before this journey began back in May. It was like we all walked around through level ground and rolling hills. A few ups, a few downs, nothing to hard. Just the journey of life. And when I started with my annual mammogram in May, followed by a second then a biopsy. During the biopsy I knew what my diagnosis would be. Therefore, the climb up the mountain that lay in front of me began. I was like a little specimen as the doctors just told me where to go and when to be there. Each little step was a climb up, up the mountain. Well, after MRI's, scans, heart echo's, a double mastectomy, the removal of lymph nodes, meetings with doctors about chemo, about radiation, & my reconstruction. The port insertion, 3 months of chemo and now the start of my final 2 months of chemo. I am almost to the top of my mountain. I can see the top, it's the hardest part of the climb. The air is thinning towards the top (my harder chemo schedule), My body may be a little more worn out from the base of the mountain (prior 3 months of chemo), and of course the busy Christmas season. But once I'm at the top I'll be able to see the bottom. I can see the finish line. My first step down will to get my port removed. I can just imagine how excited I'll be to finally have this out. It's not comfortable, it pulls on my muscle and stretches the skin, and of course it means I'm going through chemotherapy for cancer!  I'm almost done. Almost!!

That all said, I pulled out my GOD shield again. I knew this round of chemo would be more difficult and I needed GOD to help me ward of the evil arrows begin thrown my way. And, once again he did not fail me. GOD's shield is amazing. All you have to do is ask and he will help you!

I have many numerous people to thank that have helped every step of the way. I want you all to know you have been so helpful and taken such good care of me! It is truly wonderful to have you all on my side. The carpool help, game coverage, practice coverage, activity carpool, child watch, etc. You all have made this journey so easy! I am so blessed to have GOD and you on my side!

My prayers, thoughts, blessings to each and everyone of you! May you find peace and joy in this Holiday season!!

PS. My dad is still in the hospital as they didn't release him due to continued lower platelet levels. His counts remained high after his transfusion last Tues. but the dr. was nervous to let him go as so many things could go wrong. They have 99.9% ruled out leukemia. This may be a simple and easy fix as his medications. They have taken him off all his meds and that process takes about 5-7 days to reverse itself.  So with that day nearer and nearer we could have an answer as early as Monday. Let's hope, know one likes to be in the hospital especially if you feel good!  Thanks for adding him to your prayer list!

No comments:

Post a Comment