4 To Go!! Then I can begin my final round of chemo!
I will finish Taxol the day before Thanksgiving and start the 1st of 4 AC (the red devil) treatments on Dec. 5th!
I'm looking forward to only having to give my blood 8 more times, ONLY 8 more pricks of the needle in my port, ONLY 8 more times to go through my routine of checking in for chemo (sign in, weight, BP, Temp., give my name and patient # to about 5 different people that day) and only 8 more times to sit in the chair and hope the room I'm in has a good TV! (yes, I read too). You'd think all the TV's were the same in each room-NOPE, they aren't. Darn TV's...I really wanted to see the Today Show Halloween Special and I got the non-local station TV! I heard it was a good one, a throw back Saturday Night Live! I love those skits, the ones today are far below my age group and I don't enjoy them anymore-Did I just age myself?
I finished my chemo about 10am, then Rob and I went to the Verizon store where my new iPhone 6 had finally arrived! We were in the store longer than my chemo treatment took. I FINALLY switched from ATT to Verizon. I'd been with Cingular/ATT since 1995! I was finally tired enough of dropped calls and the M-Cell deciding when it wanted to work! Needless to say, it's all done and I no longer have to hear about it!
Halloween was nice and quiet! Hard to imagine a Friday night Halloween that is quiet. We had our neighborhood party (you like my wig?), kids trick or treated, just pretty uneventful and not as crazy as it has been in the past! The LaCoste family (great friends and neighbors who just moved to Austin last weekend) came in town to tie up the remaining loose ends, stayed with us. We, along with several other neighbors all hung out in the front driveway sitting around our fire pit! What a perfect night to sit in front of a fire!
Saturday was full of Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball and Football! Kids all had fun and we are all exhausted! Thankfully games didn't start until noon. And with such a busy day, we had to rush and say goodbye to the LaCoste's so it was a painless, quick, no time to think goodbye! ;(
I don't have much to report, except all seems well! I'm still getting cards, food, and flowers and all is so heart warming, touching and gives me great strength!
A friend gave me little prayer cards with each item she brought over the other day. On the back of each card, it asks you to ask God something. One said "If you could wish for one thing in 5 years what would it be?" How fitting is that? Well, we all know in 5 years what I'd wish for-NO CANCER, A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH! Thanks Jenn!
Side effects are still minimal, I have hair, albeit thin. I've been wearing hats to cover my head. I finally found that walking around with thin hair is quit chilling. I was cold every where I went last week. So, out came the hats. And I will have to wear my wig to church. As Nathan said to me this morning: "Mom, can I say something rude about your hair?" Sure, go ahead. "You know the old lady that sits in front of us in church?" (She's 95!). Yes Nathan, as I knew right where this was going, "well, you kinda look like her!" I just had to laugh, I guess I probably do look like a 95 year old with thinning hair! Other than the hair, I'm getting the hot flashes pretty frequently, but they are pretty short and sweet. Still have the flushed feeling the day after. All these little things are getting pretty routine and I'm so thankful for them over really sick!
Until next time,
Remember, GOD wants you to ask things of Him! He wants to know what you want! SO, ask? Be specific, Talk to Him, Tell him your wants and needs! GO-ON! Try it, you'll be amazed at the responses you get!
Happy All Saints Day!
Hugs, Kisses, & my Prayers to you, especially with those that are struggling for whatever reason. May you find Peace and Joy as this Holiday season gets under way!
;)
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
Glad things went well for you. You look good in red hair. Outstanding color. Ha ha. On the serious side, you are doing a great job by showing so much faith in our Lord. Plus your positive attitude is also an added source of encouragement to
ReplyDeletehelp you over the rough days. Keep up the good work. I am in awe of how different chemo & treatments have changed, for the good of course. When I think back to our experience some of the decisions, etc. just do not make sense by todays standards of oncology. It is wonderful the progress made and hopefully even more progress made in other areas. We are all so thankful you are beating this and we truly give it up to God and His always doing what is best for us and being there to listen no matter when we call. May you continue to be strong and may your faith sustain you always . Prayers for you and your family.