If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Yesterday was my final, yes, I said that, FINAL appointment with my radiation oncologist. I knew I probably wasn't going to see her again,  as this was my 1 year check up from the end of my radiation. But it didn't really sink in. She just looked at my skin and commented on how well Dr. Gordley did and then gave me a hug. Looked at me and said, "you are done, I hope to see you again, only outside this place." That was it. She left, I got dressed and simply walked out of her office. I walked to my car and sat there and cried. WOW, where did these emotions come from?  I mean really, I've been done with treatments for over a year now. But to really put things behind me and to really move forward is absolutely an amazing feeling. The few remaining to do items include my nipple tattoos, (June) and I think 1 last visit with my breast cancer surgeon. Other than that, my oncologist is the only person I will see on a regular basis. It is so surreal to go from seeing dr.'s, making apts., on a daily basis to nothing, nada, nill...BUT, I will happily take it. I will happily say goodbye to 2014-15 and continue to move forward. Last year seems like a really long time ago and 2016 is moving right along.

Other than my appointment yesterday, there's really nothing to speak of. I'm slowly but surely getting in shape, kinda. Slowly is the key word. I am working out and starting to run again, there, how does that sound?  Anyway, hope all is well and blissful in your part of the world. Hope life is happy, healthy and nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

May God continue to bless you, strengthen you and show you his light.   Look to the Lord and seek his strength; seek His face always.  1 Chronicles 16:11.



2 comments:

  1. You are a rock, Patti! May God help me, as He did you, if I ever get cancer (My Dad had 6 different kinds, and my brother died 20+ years ago from pancreatic cancer.), but you are an inspiration to anyone who reads your blog!!! I think of you, Rob, and your children often--good thoughts for wonderful people. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you as you turn that page and close that book. May God continue to keep you and your family in the palm of His hand. Love you!

    ReplyDelete