I had another check-up with Dr. Gordley a few weeks ago. All is good and Tuesday I started back to boot camp! I have even taken back to running (I can go about a mile-ha ha-Woohoo!). I still can't go all out, 100% just yet. I have to listen to my body and stop at any sign of pain. Give it about another month and then I can start to work through that pain.
And then yesterday, I had my 6 month check up with Dr. Nelson, my oncologist. I had blood work and a physical exam. Let's back up a few days.... I have been extremely irritable & grumpy. Of course, you can tie the impeding check up with my emotions. These last few days have not been my most prized. I got lost and caught up in the 'what-ifs!' I lost my positive attitude. I forgot to SURVIVE. Yes, being a breast cancer survivor means you have to fight each and every day the rest of your life. Dr. Nelson's PA reminded me of something so important. She said 'don't give in to your negative emotions you fought so hard and went through all the treatments so you can have a life. Don't let your thoughts take your life away now.' How true....so, here we go again. STAY POSITIVE, LIVE IN FAITH, BELIEVE IN MY FAITH and don't let anyone or anything take that away. Rob and I, (yes, even as grumpy as I have been toward him, he still went with me) went to the dr. together. The blood work, all clear! The physical exam, all clear! And back again in another 6 months. Another thing the dr. told me was how well the tamoxifen works to block estrogen. I take it every day and happily do. Did you know, many, many people do not take it. They don't see it necessary. WHAT? Who doesn't take medicine prescribed by their dr.? Apparently lots of people. They even did a study and found out that pharmacists reported a large number of women don't even pick up those little white pills that can save their life! That said, that is not me! I take my meds, listen to my dr.'s and Have Faith and for those reasons, I know in my heart, my soul, I will live!
So, now I plan to make each day a good one, wake up, thank God for what you have, ask for guidance, protection and to live each day as God intends. I will definitely train my brain not to veer from these thoughts, for when I do, we know what happens! NOT AGAIN!
Happy Lent...Go out, be happy, and make it a good one!
love, hugs, & prayers!
patti
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
No comments:
Post a Comment