If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Here we are, approaching yet one more, surgery. Let me just put this out there, I hope this is the final time I have to say that. However, with any reconstruction there is a chance you have to have surgery again. This will make #5 surgery in 16 months (add 2 to that under local anesthesia for my port insert and removal).  My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, 12 noon. It should only take 1 to 1 ½ hours. Dr. Gordley will do liposuction on parts of my sides above my hip, or the groin if necessary. I'm sure you're asking where is the fat. Ha Ha, yes it's there. Once I had the tummy tuck, all of a sudden there seemed to appear little love handles. Dr. Gordley said this is normal as the remaining fat is now very noticeable. He will then use that fat and place it up above my now belly boob. It will smooth out the skin and the crease that has formed. He will then exchange my right side implant with one that will look more like the belly boob. After all this is said and done I will have my nipple tattooing. I have booked that appointment, it is set for June 15th! I will use the famous Vinnie Myers in Baltimore. He's done over 8,000 nipple tattoos. If you are curious, google him (Vinnie Myers Team), simply amazing is all I have to say. Rob and I will fly up to Baltimore and then hang out for the weekend, probably in NYC.
This morning while sitting in church I was overwhelmed with thoughts of dying; what would Rob do, what would the kids do, etc. And I just kneeled there praying for these thoughts to go away. Honestly, this is probably the 2nd or 3rd time those thoughts have crepted in. And I wasn't too happy that it was while I was in church. I just kept praying it wasn't God giving me a sign but yet the devil himself trying to weasel his way in during the most sacred place I could be in. I look at it as if he was trying to take away my time with Jesus. I simply looked up to the crucifix hanging above the altar and continued to pray. I soon felt a sense of calm cover over me and remembered to put my shield up and let those arrows of the evil one bounce off. If I've learned anything from cancer it is to take it 1 day at a time. To live each day to the fullest, to have fun, to be happy and without any regrets. Life can be taken at any time, we are not guaranteed. And for that I am taking it all in and enjoying each moment with my family. The only down side is I truly wished I lived on a tropical island where it was hot all the time and the sun was always shining. That would be fun and that would make me happy! But if I can't live on an island, as long as I'm with my kids and Rob I'll be fine. Upon leaving mass today, I saw Fr. Tom and gave him a hug. He gave me his usual, "look at your hair!" greeting. I told him I was having yet, 1 more surgery and he quickly got his healing oil and blessed me. I'm so lucky to have him, to have my church.
As this holiday season approaches us, I wish for each of you to slow down, take it all in and enjoy it. Just think, back when Jesus was born there weren't any TV's, no iPhones, or iPads, to distract them. What did they do with all that time? So, put the device down, turn the TV off, listen to music, play a board game, talk to your kids or husband/wife. Enjoy them. Life is short, enjoy each day as if it were your last. And then don't forget to say Thank you. Thank you for what you have, because it is much more than you need. I know I am so blessed in many more ways than I can even count!

love, hugs and prayers to each of you......


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Patti for your wonderful words of encouragement. You are truly an inspiration...Linda L

    ReplyDelete