As I write today there's a lot on my mind. Not just about me. I'm sitting here, kids out of school and watching the morning news programs. The stories, the things that come to mind when sitting here reflecting. The Today show has been having segments about St. Jude. There was a young lady that had a brain tumor ( it has come back) that went with Kelsea Ballerini to the CMA's. Fox News had the man and dad of the young, pregnant mom that was murdered. My dad and his ongoing fighting from his disease. A friend that her niece who has had a reoccurrence of cancer. Another friend that was diagnosed with a deadly brain tumor, only to have that diagnosis changed (a miracle in my mind) to something that is survivable, and then again my high school friend who just died. I know many of you have stories like this in your life, none of us are immune. I can sit here and name all the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving and every day. But, let me briefly just tell you what I AM THANKFUL FOR. I am thankful for my God and my Savior Jesus Christ. With Jesus in my life I was able to walk through cancer with hope and peace. I was able to know that I would be ok, my family would be ok and I knew this was just a little blip in my life. I would not have had the peace, the calm, the attitude, without HIM by my side. There is a sense of calm when you know and truly believe HE holds the future. It is HE who says, let me take your worries. So, therefore I need not worry. I know, some how, even if I dare say it, but when my time comes to meet Jesus in Heaven, that all will be ok. God sent HIS only son, to live and die for us. HE took our pains away, HE suffered so we didn't have to. None of my suffering even comes close to comparing to the suffering Jesus had. The pains in his heart when people don't love him. Imagine, our worse pain, HIS was worse. So, that is what I'm thankful for. I AM THANKFUL FOR JESUS IN MY LIFE. I AM THANKFUL HE DIED FOR ME. I hope that my family and friends and everyone can experience what it's like for Jesus to walk by your side, hold your hand, lift you up and give you the sense of calm and peace through any of life's struggles. May you all have a Happy and Joyful, family filled, thankful Thanksgiving.
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
No comments:
Post a Comment