If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Unless you've been under a rock, y'all know October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!!
I'll try not to get on a soap box too much, but I have to say my peace. Early detection is the key. Since my diagnosis I've met several women that went in for routine mammograms and learned they had breast cancer. Not a lump they could feel (mine wasn't either, but mine had already grown), but only a mammogram could detect it. They were diagnosed with stage 0 cancer....Yes, I know you only thought there were stages 1-4. That means that stage 0 is so small, so contained the only course of treatment is a mastectomy. No chemo, No radiation....surgery!  How wonderful is that!!!

As I move closer and closer to my final surgery, I'm ready. I'm really ready to pack all this up and put it behind me. All this is just preparing me and transformed my mind for what I didn't want to do, but really needed to do, and I'm ok with all of it. I've been in more pain lately (thank goodness for pain pills) and I have a little spot on the radiated side, the 'bad' area of my left breast that isn't looking so good. I've seen the Dr. and he is letting me hold off on surgery until my scheduled date of Nov. 12. This is me taking control and not letting anything else call the shots except me! Yes, life is extremely busy right now, 4 sports-3 kids! And of course, my personal calendar. The surgery is still scheduled to be a complete reconstruction of the left breast. The Dr. will use tummy fat (he has said all of it) and will even use skin to reconstruct the left side. I told Dr. Gordley to make sure he pulls my skin down tight so my stomach can look like a 16 year old again! And yes, I'll take a picture of the perfect '6-pack Abs' in surgery so he can see exactly what I expect!!!  And he did agree, after all I've been through I deserve a little reward!

I feel like I've been pondering life a lot in the last year. There's so many instances when life deals us crappy cards. Every family has some dysfunction, situation at some point. But I truly believe it's all how you look at it. If God is on your side, if you can put your Faith, your Hopes, your Fears, your Dreams in HIS hands, your life can be your Happy Life! We can't change yesterday, we can only learn from it. I continually ask for His guidance, for Him to lead me, protect me and my family and give me Strength. And HE has done all those things! I heard something the other day in bible study and it made me so sad. There are some groups of poor people that actually pray for the world to end so they don't have to suffer any more. I cannot imagine, living this life on Earth waiting, wishing for it to end. Yes, I know, I do have it good. My basic needs are met, I cannot put myself in their shoes. And for that I'm so thankful!  GOD IS GOOD! And I truly hope I'm doing right here on Earth by God!

Ok, Let's get down to business....I heard the other day on the Today Show. They started a buddy system check. I remind 8 people to schedule their mammograms. I think, from what you have all told me, many of you have scheduled or gotten mammograms because of me. Therefore,
ladies, it's time to get checked, again! Schedule your mammogram today, so what if it hurts. That hurt is nothing-Believe me!! And if you do get diagnosed, if you hear those words, You have Cancer!  Do not be afraid. You'll get through it and you'll come out the other side, happier, stronger and loving life more that you ever thought you could! Sure, it'll put a kink in things for a while, but eventually you'll create a new normal and life will go on! I encourage each of you, no matter what life brings, find your happy place. It's better for your soul, year heart, your family, your everything. Life can be hard, find God and I hope you find peace in your struggles.

Until next time.....

You are in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment