It's been 2 weeks since my last chemo. I'm starting to return to normal. And am loving every minute of it!!! My appetite isn't completely back, but much better. My taste buds are better and I am definitely over the 'fog' of chemo. However, last week, my infection in my left side came back with a vengeance. Thankfully, I was able to get on the antibiotics within 24 hours. However, I remained in pain the entire weekend. It hasn't completely lessoned either. Hopefully I can make it through the weekend, because next Tuesday Dr. Gordley has to deflate the left side (side of infection). I then have my 'markings' appointment with radiology on Thur. and start radiation on Monday Feb. 9th! And by then my immune system should be working properly and with radiation just maybe the stupid bacteria will be gone for good! For the record, these expanders completely bite!
Beyond the expanders I'm noticing new hair growth! Yippee!! Ha Ha, not sure how my body knows I'm not getting any more chemo. But, I am a little excited to dump the hats, although still many, many weeks away. So the hair may be scarce and I know a watched pot won't boil, but there are some stragglers growing up top! And, my eyelashes. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and noticed the light caught an entire row of eyelashes. Extremely short, but spanning my eye lid. I had been getting discouraged because I'd get new dark single eyelash and then they'd be gone as fast as they came. Never really thought a row of blonde eyelashes were there! So, this week, for the first time, in about a month, I actually wore mascara! It's still very faint, but enough to not look so naked (on my eyes that is). And, finally, I think my nails are starting to change back to normal. Not sure I have written about them, but they were extremely brittle and gross, like a very old person. I've kept them painted so no one could tell. All these little things will one day be normal and I probably won't even remember them. Oh the joys of Chemo!
My final thoughts are to remember, God gives you what you can handle and you can handle more than you know!
Thanks to all of you for the well wishes that you continue to give me! I'm so thankful for you all!
Love, hugs, & prayers to each of you!!
patti
This blog began as my life with breast cancer began. This wasn't part of the plan, but in life, nothing is. Most people know me as a scheduled person. Just about EVERYTHING is planned. As my daughter says, I'm Type A times Type A. But now we must take a detour and go with the flow.
If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20
Praying over that infection--and over each of your loves--as you start the amazing journey back to your "new normal". You looked amazing Saturday--I noticed your eyelashes coming back! ;-) Love in Him!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe still have you on our prayer lists here in Pennsylvania. May the Lord guide you thru your Radiation and hopefully you will breeze right thru it and into a whole new life after radiation is finished. Our temp. this morning was -2, now that is weather you really would need to wear a hat to even open the door. Even the owls are huddled together it is so cold. We will continue our prayers for you and know God is good. Praise him and give him anything you cannot handle, He is an everlasting loving God and will be with you thru it all.
ReplyDelete