If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's official, my eyelashes are gone!  Oh well, with a week to go I really don't care!

Last week progressively got better with each passing day. I've learned it takes a good 5-6 days for my appetite to even begin to start working again! On Tuesday of last week (about 5 days after chemo) we were running our typical evening taxi service and decided to grab fast food for dinner. Emma chimed in with a McDonald's plea, and like a light bulb going off in my head, suddenly a BIG MAC sounded absolutely delicious. I can't tell you the last time I had a McD's burger, or anything from there for that matter. So, there I went, ordered me a BIG MAC meal. The fries were ok (since when did they cut back on the salt?-my taste buds love salt these days!), the fountain coke was super yummy and the burger hit the spot. It'd been since the Friday of chemo that I ate anything substantial and my body was so thankful...full fat, calories and all! But, I really don't care, I need strength to carry on! By weeks end I had eaten 3 BIG MAC's and loved every bite!  It was really the only thing my body accepted last week. But as of this week I'm back to eating normal foods, not greasy, fattening burgers!

Today I had my FINAL blood draw, and oncologist appointment. I actually got a little teary eyed pulling into the hospital!  I know I have to have regular check-ups every 3 months for the first few years, and then every 6 months until 5 years. But the weekly appointments are over. I actually met with Dr. Nelson's PA, Bonnie. It was good to talk to her as she explained all the side effects on my uterus and ovaries from the Tamoxifin I'm about to start. I can't see Dr. Nelson explaining all that-although quite capable I'm sure. So, in short I'll explain my day! Remember, I said I'm almost at the top of my mountain, well as of Friday I'll be there. But on Feb. 5 I will take a giant leap off! On Thur., Feb. 5th I will have my official marking session for radiation. I will get tattooed (yes, I will have permanent black marks) were the radiation will target. But before that can happen, Dr. Gordley will have to deflate my left side expander. On Feb. 9th I can get blood work and if my White Blood Cell counts are normal I can get my port removed that week! Also on Feb. 9th I'll start my 6 weeks of radiation. I will go everyday and each session will last about 30 min. That hopefully means I'll be done with radiation by the time the kids are out for Spring Break!  OMG, the light at the end of the tunnel is within sight. Although my final reconstruction surgery won't take place until August sometime. I can see the light!

GOD has been so good to me. He's taken care of us and without jinxing my family, not one of the kids have had as much as a sniffle! And with all our cold, rainy, awful winter I'm so very thankful! Me on the other hand...get this, nose hair-gone, that means a constant drip....yep, those nose hairs are good for something-stop drips!

I can't explain the excitement I have building up for my last chemo on Friday. It's like a family vacation that you're leaving town for, it's like graduation day. It is graduation day! A day of moving on, out with the old and in with the new. I'm excited for my lashes to grow back. And of course my HAIR! I'm excited to not tip toe around germs, around moving too much in my chest (as if not stretching is preventing bacteria growth and another infection in my expander). I'm just flat out, pumped up, excited for Friday!! My chemo appointment is at 10am and without any delays that bell should ring loud and proud sometime around 1-1:15pm. Listen for it, I'm sure you'll hear it, I'm sure you'll feel my tears of joy. I want to Thank you all for lifting me up, holding my hand and getting me through the last 5 months of chemo. Without y'all it would have been a much different path. So without further adieu, ring the bells, sound the horns, not only for me but for each and every person who will ring the 'end of chemo' bell. In the future when I hear a bell ring, it won't be "an Angel getting it's wings," to me it'll be another person has finished chemo.

I saw this bible verse this week and thought it was appropriate. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up!" Galatians 6:9

Love, hugs, kisses and prayers to all....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rockstar Survivor! I just wanted to tell you {again} how stunning you look--how awesome you are--and how beautiful your faith is! I can't imagine the impact you are having on our community here--via facebook, your blog and more--you are living example of faith and trust and perseverance! And the example you are setting for your children and their friends is beyond amazing. You exemplify courage and grace. I am continuing to pray for you--daily--and asking for strength, rest, restored appetite, healing and comfort! Radiation made my sweet momma soooo tired, but she also felt stronger and stronger with each passing day--and she was thrilled to have her appetite return. Still to this day--if one of us in our family is feeling bad--a hamburger and French fries does the trick--we discovered it when mom was doing chemo! Something about it just nourishes and fills us up. Your big-mac buddy--and prayer warrior--A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your end is in sight as far as chemo, that is truly wonderful. It really went fast and I am sure you are counting the days of radiation to speed by also. Nothing but good thoughts and many prayers for a quick recovery from the radiation treatments and then onto a great spring. May God continue to have you in his sights along with your family and friends. Lovingly, Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete