If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Friday, July 15, 2016

I had a checkup with Dr. Fitzsullivan on Monday. She is such a fantastic dr. I'm so lucky to have her in my life! The visit went as they all do. Vital check, Nurse visit, PA visit and then Dr. Fitzsullivan. Of course everyone was super excited to see and hear about my new tattoos. The nurse actually used to tattoo for MDA downtown and said how wonderful mine look! That means a lot coming from her. She had never seen Vinnie's but had heard about them and actually told me an article was published with her and Vinnie (although she never met him) because they both worked with a mutual dr. back in North Carolina. Anyway, the visit went just fine, a complete exam was given and with that a clean bill of health. One thing I love about Dr. Fitzsullivan is she is so personable. She always asks about my family and kids. And I ask about hers! At the end of the convo she said this was a bitter sweet visit. Although she enjoys chatting with me and catching up, it was our last one. I no longer need to see her. She reiterated I have done it all, I left nothing on the table, no need to continue to see her. Of course if I ever needed anything I could call, but other than that I was done! (She did remind me that I will continue to see her at the In The Pink Luncheon once a year in October-yea!)  I gave her a big hug, told her she was the best and that was it! My journey is continuing to wrap up-I'm am now free and clear from 3 dr.'s. And for my oncologist, well, I still have to take tamoxifen so I will continue to see him. (The next visit is August). I'm constantly reminded how lucky I am to have had the BEST team in all cancer treatments and how so many people it takes to tackle and incinerate this disease! I am truly BLESSED! I know it, I believe it, and I see it!

Thanks again for keeping me and my family in your prayers. Please keep my dad in your prayers as well. He's still taking it one day at a time, still in the hosp at MDA, still in pain and trying to solve the mystery of what's causing it. So frustrating. He takes 1 step forward and 3 back. But, on a better note he is in remission of his Aplastic Anemia.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment