If God brings you to it, He will lead you through it. Faith got me through the beginning of my diagnosis, Faith will get me through my treatment and into my recovery. NEVER STOP HAVING FAITH!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, 'MOVE!' and it WILL move...and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! -Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Monday was my first appointment with radiation. After a long wait in between the nurses and the doctor I finally got set up to lay on the table. First thing they did was fit me on a pillow of some sort. It has foam in it and they suck out the air to form fit it around my radiation position. Arm bent and up and head turned to the right. Once I was in position and the pillow was formed. They put a few stickers on me and sent me into the machine. Not quite a MRI machine, more or less a huge donut looking thing that me and my table are sent through. There's lasers come from other areas, the 2 side walls and the ceiling. Once the Dr. comes in and makes sure the tape is in the right spot, out come these paint, sharpie type markers and away the techs go with circles and lines. Back in the donut for a good bit now, probably about 10-15 min. Back out and some more marks, moving the tape, etc. This time when I go back in the donut I'm asked to hold my breath for several seconds. I have to hold my breath because this moves my heart slightly and allows the beams to miss it and spare me the chance of any possible damage. Once back out of the donut, the techs start really marking me up. I have 5 huge lines, crosses, circles, etc. all over my left boob, and under my arm and a big purple box on my stomach. Then the tech tells me she is going to give me 4 small black tattoos. Ok, so no big deal, right?  My boob area is still numb so no problem. I've had all kinds of needles poked in me, right?  The first one is about an inch from my collarbone, Holy Guacamole, this hurt like dog crap! She stuck the needle in and then I could feel the push of the ink, then she moves it around a bit!  AGH...I even made a face and was biting my lip!  Then onto the next one, just about in my cleavage, but more on the left side, then down to my belly (this doesn't hurt as bad-it has a little  more cushion), and then the final one under my arm on my left side. Needless to say, my numbness has faded for the majority of the area surrounding the boob!  OK, glad this part is over! When I get off the table I realize I much more marked up than I thought. AND this has to stay there! I go back on Friday to get back on the table and make sure all the markings and my new card with my barcode (I have to hand this to the tech every day and it matches me to the machine) are all set up and ready to go. Monday will be my first session. Therefore I will finish radiation the last week of March! Six straight weeks, Monday-Friday!

Now that the main effects of chemo have faded, it's time to start working out, for real again! I didn't realize during chemo that I actually wasn't 100% until each day passes and each day gets better and better. No reason not to start going back to boot camp. So, Tuesday I made it back. It was great to get back to something I'd done for so long. Today I'm a little sore, but not awful. Definitely a good sore!

And finally, a story that I wanted to share. My final day of chemo was Friday, Jan. 16th. Also on that day Deacon Mike from my church was killed in a single helicopter accident he was piloting. In previous posts leading up to my final chemo and my ringing of the bell I compared the ringing of the chemo bell and an angel getting it wings. On Friday, Jan 16th about 1pm I rang my chemo bell, I rang it loud and I rang it long. On Friday, Jan 16th about 1pm Deacon Mike's helicopter crashed (about a mile from the hospital where I was) and he did not survive. To say I rang my bell for chemo, yet I also rang my bell because Deacon Mike got his wings is an eery coincidence. Maybe there is more to it than that, maybe God had his hand in it all. So, not only do bells ring in celebration for us here on Earth, but they ring in celebration in Heaven as well. And that I know!

Love, hugs and prayers to each of you......


No comments:

Post a Comment